1. What is your earliest childhood memory?
**I remember living in North Carolina when my dad was stationed at Camp Lejune. I remember a few different things - being at the beach and having the tide come up and the waves getting our blanket wet... being on my aunt Rhonda's shoulders and a wave knocking us over... Sitting at the railroad crossing and watching the train go by... yelling 'taxi!' and having a cab follow us around a neighborhood... 'running off' with Tawnya (a friend) and watching the girls dancing at the dance studio on base... playing with my friends in the backyard... playing on the slip & slide with my parents & Rhonda... I was 4 when we moved back to Nevada, so those were all pretty early memories.
2. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
**It would depend on how much the winnings were... but I'd for sure pay off all of our debt and put a large amount into savings accounts for my kids' futures - college, missions, weddings, etc... - money that both we and they would have to sign for to get out of the account. I'd buy a very lightly used Armada and buy Gary a truck. I'd help family out where we could. I'd buy all the pretties I wanted for my house - new bookshelves, kitchenware, etc... oh. and a california-king sized bed!!!
3. You are stuck on a stranded island indefinitely... what book do you have?
**Um... have they published a 4-in-1 of the Twilight series yet? LoL
4. Describe your perfect date night.
**The Hubs arranges for a babysitter and plans everything, just tells me what to wear and what time to be ready. We go to dinner first - somewhere nice, where everyone dresses up, where you have to have a reservation, there's candle-light, etc... Then we go for a walk somewhere pretty, just talk, then go somewhere for dessert, come home, watch a movie, just hang out... conversation is about us, our future, etc...
5. What talent do you secretly wish you had?
** I wish I could read minds! It would be amazing to know exactly what Gary, my kids, my parents, my friends, everyone around me, was thinking at any given moment.
6. If you could only eat one meal everyday for the rest of your life, what would it be?
**Probably some sort of a Japanese meal... edamame, soup, sushi, etc...
7. If you could write a letter to your high school self, what would you say?
**'I know you're not going to believe me or listen to anything I have to say, but please just try. Don't go to college right away. Listen to your gut (not mom) and go to cosmetology school right away instead. College will wait. You will LOVE doing nails, and will regret not going soon enough to stay for hair also. Don't date a ton of guys and try to get married. The person you will marry will be worth the wait, and will show up unexpectedly and when you're NOT looking. Listen to your parents though, when they warn you about some of the guys you date or friends you make. They are not good for you, and will not help you get to where you want to be. Just to forewarn you, the depression won't go away, so try to deal with it sooner, and stop trying to run away from it and ignore it. That doesn't help. Get used to exercising now, because if you don't, you'll hate it even more, especially when you need it the most. Take care of yourself, and try to be happy!!!'
8. There are 2 types of people in the world, those who say, "People change" and those who say, "People don't change." Which are you?
**I believe that as we grow older and go through more experiences, our outlook and point of view on life changes... making us see things, react to things, and act differently. I think that we can willingly change habits, attitudes, etc... but it will take work and dedication, and a daily focus on these changes.
Like I said when I was tagged before, I really don't think I have 8 readers, so I'll tag the few people who have left comments and I know read, and also the few others who are 'followers', but I'd like anyone who reads and hasn't commented to answer. Leave a message here if you DO read and decide to answer.
HMB @ Pennies From Heaven
Mrs G.I. Joe @ ACU's, Stiletto Shoes, and Pretty Pink Tutus
Danielle @ The Crazy World of Mommyhood
EVERY reader I have should answer... or at least comment! I'd love to see who actually cares about what I'm writing!
1. If someone had asked you 5 years ago where you saw yourself in 5 years, is this is? Was your vision of now better or worse? Different, obviously... but how?
2. What is the one body part/feature of the opposite sex that 'turns you on' the most?
3. Are you a cat person or a dog person? Why?
4. If money and weren't an option, in which city/area of the US would you live?
5. Everyone always talks about their least favorite thing(s) about their body. What is your favorite?
6. What is your favorite Disney movie?
7. What is your favorite candle or air freshener scent?
8. Of all of your hobbies, if you had unlimited time and resources, which would you pursue to become better at and turn into a career?